Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jordan, Anyone? Not Me - Not EVER Again

From Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm sitting here writing this because I need to focus on something else and just try to stop crying. I've been crying for over an hour now and I'm a bit drained.

A bit drained and a whole lot ticked off. "At what?" you ask. Jordanian taxi drivers and their bosses who don't listen to me when I tell them that I need to go to Jerusalem and instead take me to two places in Amman, Jordan, with "Jerusalem" in the name of the hotel.

Oh, no - it gets better. The Israeli border closes at 9:00 p.m. and he's driven me to all of the wrong places, so now there is no time to get across.

He takes me to a hotel to stay for the night that certainly isn't the five star I have reservations with and I just can't stop crying. The hotel is supposed to be O.K., and it's not! I'm afraid to fall asleep in here and the bathroom is downright third world country.

I called the hotel in Jerusalem to tell them my predicament and cried. My $100 went down the drain for the night and I had to shell out $44 more for a crap-hole. I WANT TO COME HOME!!

I'm not only crying about the money - my dad is right that it is just money and shouldn't matter, but I worked hard for that $100 and don't take lightly to losing it. I don't like losing $1! I tutored kids or trained teachers for that money and it's gone because I'm a woman in an Arab country and what the heck do I know about where I made my reservations?

I know Dad is right there again - I planned things to run smoothly and they didn't and there is nothing I can do about it - hence, no control over squat. Dads always do hit the nail on the head.

I prayed on the plane that things would go well here, but I'm a bit miffed that of ALL PLACES in the world, God chose here to give me a lesson on being a control freak. It's a bit disconcerting and I've told Him so. I hope He's getting a good laugh so He can get it out of His system and I can move on.

I just don't know how I can even sleep in this place - the T.V.'s broken, no Internet, and my head hurts from crying so much. I haven't had a Coke in so long and no dinner. (I sound a bit like a prissy brat, don't I? Uuuugghhhh)

Tired of hearing me complain? I promise never to return to Jordan, so that can NEVER happen again.

1 comment:

January 2020 Hello Everyone!!!