Saturday, June 12, 2010

Athens, Greece - Greek Archaeological Museum











I made it to Athens last night about 11:00 p.m. Greece time (there is a massive time difference - it's made some of today difficult - :) ) and arrived to my hotel at Athens Way.


Sarah, Michael, and I went this morning to the Greek Archaeological Museum after a wonderfully proper breakfast on the rooftop of our hotel.
The walk to the Archaeological Museum was downhill (lovely!) and we made it in no time - since it is Saturday here, many were still snoozing!

The pictures from the musem are incredible and I will put one or two here - I enjoyed the museum so much! They allowed you to take pictures with no flash and boy, did we ever! They had Prehistoric pieces as well as those uncovered from temples on islands and around Athens near the Acropolis.
Sarah and I really like the museums that let you take pictures, although many don't.

I will tell more about our next stop in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2020 Hello Everyone!!!