Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Beautiful Day









We were so blessed that it didn't rain until this afternoon.





We spent a lovely morning at St. Paul's Cathedral, soaking up all of the lovely architecture and of course, people watching.


My favorite painting is in there - "The Light of the World" by Holman Hunt - so worth another trip.


Mackenzie bravely hit the steps to the dome and got the loveliest of views - my legs hate stairs, so I was content to sit among the lowly persons and watch.

I have yet to figure out why Americans are shocked to meet another American - do they think that they are the only ones who travel abroad? :)


We ended the day at the London Dungeon - a disappointment for me - it used to tell the history of torture that the English used on their victims - now it is an amusement center. Mackenzie enjoyed it, so that is what matters. The wait was 1 1/2 hours and we did it, but I did it in a chair and got to fraternize with the workers - enjoyed them all. They are kind people and two of them cracked me up and asked me if they looked like "G"s. Like Gangsters - I had a laugh on that one!


We ate an extremely late lunch at Pret a Manger - my favorite take out place. Sat under a tree that kept the rain from getting us and I enjoyed a wonderful sandwich and sweet potato chips and then banana bread. More fun tomorrow - on to Westminster Abbey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2020 Hello Everyone!!!